Parental Right to Know

This page contains important information concerning a parent's right to know.

As a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or legal guardian, you have the right to know:

  1. Who is teaching your child

  2. The qualifications and experience of your child's teacher(s)

{Aunt or Uncle? Even if they are not the legal guardian? Confirm or revise}.

Information regarding a student's education will be provided to parents in a language and form they can understand.

For information concerning your child's teacher(s), please contact:

SAU #23 Superintendent's Office
2975 Dartmouth College Highway
North Haverhill, NH 03774

Notice to Parents of Children with Limited English Proficiency

You have the right to have your child withdrawn from English Language Instruction. If you wish to do so, please contact your school.

How To File A Title One Complaint

Complaints must be in writing and be signed and received by the Department of Education within 30 days of a final decision by a local school board regarding the complaint. In the case that a parent is the complainant, the Title I Project Manager of the Local Education Agency shall assist the parent in the complaint process.

The Complaint Must Include:

  1. The Name and Contact Information of the Complainant.

  2. A statement of the alleged violation of federal statute or regulation, the identity of the person or entity that is committing the violation and a description of the applicable program where the violation is occurring.

  3. Steps taken at the Local Level to resolve this complaint.

  4. A copy of the final decision from the local School Board in regards to the complaint.

  5. Signature of Complainant.

Mail Complaint to:

Frank Edelblut, Commissioner
c/o Title I Administrator
New Hampshire Department of Education
101 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301

For more information regarding New Hampshire's Complaint Rules, please refer to the following link:

{This link does not work} Find the new link or remove this section.

Teacher Quality Report

Update source sheet with recent data